- Teacher of piano, composition and electronic music
- Composer and ASCAP special awards winner
- Presenter of varied conference sessions for teachers
- Performer with symphony and jazz musicians
- Founder of WholeMusicLessons.com and Integral Keyboard Teaching
- Two students have gone on to become semifinalists in the Thelonius Monk International Jazz Competition. Visit Steven Feifke and Raviv Markovitz's pages.
Susan Capestro earned a traditional piano pedagogy degree from Northwestern University, and also studied jazz extensively with Charlie Banacos. She enjoys teaching both traditional piano repertoire and contemporary improvisational styles of music, so that they complement and enhance each other in the student's curriculum. The name she has give to this synergistic way of teaching is integral keyboard teaching.
For important information about piano learning materials and my approach to teaching music reading, please see articles in my "Resources" category.
For more about Integral Keyboard Teaching, please visit my site devoted to this topic, http://www.wholemusiclessons.com. -Susan Capestro